An apprenticeship gives you the option to study for a recognised qualification from an NVQ to a Degree Apprenticeship such as Bachelors or Masters.
There are many companies who offer apprenticeships and provide the relevant training for you to be successful in your career options. You can start an apprenticeship in almost anything and any sector from Administration, Plumbing or even Investment Banking. Companies across the UK are crying out for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals to apply for their apprenticeship opportunities.
Reasons to consider an apprenticeship
Traditionally associated with entry level work experience in such skills as carpentry, apprenticeships have come along way since then. They are now accepted and encouraged as an alternative to University. Carefully designed programmes help people gain skills in sectors such as food production, health and social care, digital industries, engineering, leadership and management, business improvements techniques and customer service are amongst some of the most popular qualifications.
Why choose an apprenticeship?
- You work alongside experienced staff, enhancing your learning and teamwork skills
- You gain job-specific skills to help you build a career
- You earn a wage and get holiday pay
- You get the chance to study towards a real qualification from our wide range of courses
- A dedicated tutor-assessor who is there to help you each step of the way
Turn your future around with an apprenticeship
- If you are aged between 16-18 and you are unemployed, we’ll help you find an apprenticeship to kick start your career in your chosen field
- If you are 19 and over and are already in a role you love, we can help you progress your career
- No matter your age, whether you're unemployed or just looking to progress in your job, take a look at how an apprenticeship could change your life. We offer exciting apprenticeships across a variety of sectors to help you kick- start a successful career or progress in your current role
Work, earn, learn
The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £4.15 per hour.
This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship for both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For all other apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate for their age applies. Unlike academic courses at University or college, an Apprenticeship allows you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications at your place of work. If you’re overwhelmed by the ever-increasing University fees and uncertain about what career is right for you, give an apprenticeship a go – you won’t regret it!
to starting an apprenticeship
Earn while you learn
You get paid to learn with an apprenticeship, the minimum you can earn is £4.15 per hour. Companies in the UK are competing for apprentices and in most instances offer upwards of £15,000.
Who are apprenticeships for?
Anyone can do any apprenticeship the minimum age criteria is 16 - 24, however many companies are now offer apprenticeships to budding apprentice beyond this age group.
How long does it take?
An apprenticeship takes on average anywhere between 12 months and 5 years to complete depending on the level. Apprenticeships must start as a minimum of 12 months.
Most apprenticeships offer either an NVQ, HNC or HND. However now you can do higher or degree apprenticeships after this and study towards a Bachelors or Masters degree.
Are you looking for something else?